Is Group Therapy Right for My Teenager?
Groups are a great way to support teenagers because they are at a developmental stage where connecting with each other becomes a priority. As teenagers grow and develop, they look more to their peers for support and confirmation than they do to adults. Developmentally speaking, it is a time for them to start making their own decisions and to discover who they are separate from their parents. And when they have struggles to confront, teenagers will often look to their friends for support. So, when we as therapists can create a safe space for teenagers to come together and take off the mask, it becomes a powerful container for change and to maximize the healing process.
Group therapy for Anxiety
Does your teenager…
- Constantly worry?
- Cling to you or cry when you try to separate?
- Avoid people or situations out of fear?
- Complain of frequent stomach aches and headaches?
- Experience sudden or frequent panic attacks?
Right Now we are offering an amazing opportunity for your teenager to learn how to cope with anxiety…….
Middle School Anxious No More!
This is a 6 week group therapy designed to help your teenager develop the skills to…
- recognize what is anxiety and how does it show up in my life
- how to deal with bullies
- how to cope with all the pressure on teenagers at school to get good grades and the mountain of homework
- how to cope with friends, peer pressure and social media
- how to practice these skills
- how to go forward
Your teen doesn’t have to miss out on school, friends and fun because of worry…
Midwestern Psychological Consultants will help your child overcome worry thoughts and learn the skills to face fears and feel happier.
Fill out the form below and you will be contacted!
*Form is secure and encrypted for HIPAA compliance.